Sunday, May 8, 2011

Special diet? Drop by Zuni, Greenbelt 5!

To be honest, my mother and I had doubts about enjoying our usual Mother's Day lunch, given that my brother - who just last week had succumbed to a mild stroke at the age of 36 - was on a NO salt / NO fat diet. We decided to stick to our usual jaunt Zuni Restaurant at Greenbelt 5, Makati City, since their grilled selection has thus far managed to cater to all our dietary constraints (such as allergies and limited diet for my mother, who has cancer) without sacrificing the taste. Thankfully, we weren't disappointed. After explaining my brother's condition and presenting a list of his dietary restrictions, the chef came up with a customized meal covering appetizers up to dessert.  The result? A savory set of dishes that left my brother quite content. The rest of us were able to enjoy our regular fare as well. Truly a happy mother's day for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment