Thursday, May 12, 2011

PRIMA Day School

Another progressive preschool within Makati is PRIMA Day School. I was very impressed by their school, which is located in Ascott Hotel, Glorietta. The school is divided into 3 rooms - the reception/waiting area, indoor playroom, and classroom. The indoor playroom is spacious, with two work tables; a mini library; a play kitchen area; boxes and shelves of toys (with musical instruments and blocks); and a small elevated space with a faux tree (for kids who like to run up and down stairs). There is also an outdoor playground.

My daughter immediately took to the place and its teachers, who were friendly and obviously used to dealing with children (not surprising given that PRIMA is also a day care center). My toddler, who is usually painfully shy, began to run around and even allowed me to leave her with the teachers for a little while (a first for us!). Upon sitting in on the Nursery class, I saw that the teachers meant business in the classroom, which bolstered my belief that they can prepare my daughter for the big schools. All in all a good experience for both me and my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment