Saturday, May 21, 2011

Free Comic Book Day!!!

Dropped by Fully Booked in Fort at a little past 9 AM to see a line of other eager comics lovers awaiting the shop's opening time of 10AM. Sweated it out under the blistering heat for a chance to nab a free comic myself. This turned out to be a useless effort. Once the doors opened, it was revealed that each customer can choose only one comic out of the pile (a bit disappointing, that, since past free comic book days used to offer more). Hence, the line soon dwindled with plenty more comics to spare. My husband, who decided not to join the line and graciously offered to take care of our daughter, was still able to get a free comic once the initial crowd thinned out.

The choices, I felt, were at least worthwhile: Spiderman, Star Wars, Avatar, Richie Rich, Smurfs, Thor, Green Lantern, and Young Justice League - something for everyone and every age. I'm quite content with my choice of Spiderman and all the humor it has to offer.

I did take advantage of the 20% discount, though. The bookstore restocked their comic collection beforehand and I finally nabbed some manga I've been searching for and at less than the regular price, to boot.

All in all a good haul for me - would have been better if I skipped the line altogether though. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment