Monday, May 9, 2011

How to Organize a Spa Party

A spa party is a unique and well-appreciated event, especially for bridal showers and all-female parties. I organized one for my mother's 59th birthday party. Caprichosa Spa makes it all the more easier by offering to bring the spa to your home! For a minimum of P6000 (consumable), guests can choose right off the spa menu for their desired services. You can also opt to avail of their set packages. Caprichosa takes care of the basic equipment, spa decor, robes, and slippers, giving you a hassle-free experience. They can also provide catering and souvenirs, although I opted to order a merienda package from Conti's instead. Souvenirs were an easy matter of finding colorful bath products.

Both Caprichosa and Conti's did not disappoint overall, although there were some snags. The Conti's delivery van lost its way and was half an hour late. The amount of food (value for money!) and great taste more than made up for that debacle. While Caprichosa delivered as promised, most of the guests complained about the head staff who was taking note of the charges and refused to go over the minimum rate of P6000. I admit that some of the fault was mine, having left the house with my husband and baby to give my mom and her friends time alone, although I did advise the staff to contact my mobile for any concerns. Apparently, they have had instances where guests go overboard with the spa services and reach more than P10K, which the host is unwilling to pay. The owners are very gracious all throughout though, so I think this is just a matter of setting expectations beforehand as tho whether you're willing to splurge or have a limited budget to work with.

2 comments: