Thursday, April 28, 2011

Toddler's First Flight - The Preparation

The family has decided on Boracay for our summer getaway and this will be the first time my toddler will be boarding a plane. I can easily imagine how things can get really, really bad with a fidgety toddler riding a plane for the first time, so I've been scouting around magazines and websites for air travel tips and toys. Here are the ones I've found useful and will be trying out:

(1) Get a book about airplanes so she'd know what to expect

(2) Have gum or lollipop ready to help her relieve the pressure and unclog her ears

(3) Gadgets such as iPad, iPod, Fisher Price Pixter, or similar items. I have a PSP so I'm setting this up to play her favorite cartoons and songs.

(4) I found a site with tips on how to keep a toddler busy during air travel, using items that are readily available on an airplane!

(5) Travel toys suitable for air travel (i.e., lightweight with little or no pieces that can fall off or create a mess) - magnetic toys, toys with reusable stickers, lacing toys, activity books, pipe cleaners, and pocket doodle toys (i.e., etch a sketch)

So begins my adventure to find good quality, affordable travel toys and books that are available locally...more on my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment