Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Brainy Beginners Preschool

I am also considering Brainy Beginners Preschool for my daughter. Located in Prince Plaza condominium in Legaspi Village, Makati City, it is very accessible - a mere stone throw's away from Greenbelt 5.

The school follows a progressive methodology that incorporates learning through play. What sets it apart from other schools is the personal flair injected by its proprietor and head teacher - Teacher Richie. Teacher Richie works with both the parents and child to ensure that the child is learning at a pace that he/she is comfortable with, while at the same time, in line with the goals and rules enforced by the parent. This entails adjusting the learning process for each student - a daunting and meticulous task, and one that most endears me to the school. Another interesting approach is the presence of all levels (Toddlers, Nursery, Kinder, etc.) in one big classroom. Each level is designated their own work tables to for their lessons, but are given also given time to interact with the whole class to further build their social skills.

While the facilities and equipment are not as impressive to look at as other schools in the area, it has everything a child needs to experience the same level of education, safety, and appropriate playtime - work tables for children, educational toys and materials, play area (separated from the classroom), play mats, wash area, and two bathrooms. There is also a waiting area that is separated from the main classroom with frosted glass, through which parents and companions can monitor their children without distracting them. The assistant teachers are all certified nurses, on-hand in case of emergencies (another plus for me!). Children can only leave the premises as directed by the parent (i.e., parents should advise the school beforehand as to who are the only ones allowed to pick up their child).

The tuition fee is considerably less than other schools in this prime location, especially since it offers daily classes (most charge an exorbitant fee for 2-3x a week). Teacher Richie is also quite open to whatever concerns you may have regarding payment schemes.

Do drop by Brainy Beginners if you are school hunting. I guarantee that you won't regret it. Teacher Richie and his staff are very accommodating to drop-in visitors. Any and all questions and concerns you have will be properly addressed. I find their school tour and views very enlightening - several points were raised that I had not considered during my initial search for a proper preschool and I was given a better view of the progressive approach.

7 comments:

  1. Hi there! I also live in legaspi village and am currently looking for a pre-school for my 1 year, 11 month old baby. What unit is brainy beginners in prince? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) It's Unit 503. Contact # is 09179235778. Other schools close to you (and fit for 1 year 11 months) would be CIE Preschool in 107 Palanca Street and Gymboree at Greenbelt 5. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! i was looking for a school for my 4 year old daughter when i came across your blog about the brainy beginners. i was lucky to live at prince so it's very convenient for us.
    When I told the owner about your blog, he seemed to be unaware of this article. And he's grateful.
    I ended up enrolling my 2 kids (the other is 1 year old) at brainy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thank you so much for your comment. :) I'm happy my blog is of some use! It's been challenging to visit different schools and choose one for my toddler so I blog about the ones that I was seriously considering in order to help other mommies. Since my daughter is only 2, I gave her leeway to choose from the schools I liked so she can enjoy her first year of schooling. She passed up on schools with an aquarium (including Brainy) because of her fear of fish. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! is it still ok to enroll my 4 year old son in your school?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Sorry for the really late reply - I haven't been updating my blog lately :) Just call the school at 751-8163 or drop by. They're very accommodating.

    ReplyDelete