Monday, April 18, 2011

Palanca Awards - 13 days to go!

13 days to go before April 30, 2011 - the deadline of submission for the 2011 Carlos Palanca Awards (only THE most prestigious and longest-running literary contest in the Philippines!).

I finished my entry early on to give me enough time in case I encountered any roadblocks with the submission process - which I did. If you are having trouble attempting to submit online (i.e., getting errors, timeouts, or online submission system is not working), the following tips may help you:

(1) Be sure to accomplish both the entry form and authorization letter beforehand and scan them into JPG or PDF files. Note that these are in legal size and you may need to look into other options for scanning if you are using a regular sized flatbed scanner.

(2) Ensure that all the fields in the online entry form are accomplished. I left the non-required fields (the ones without *) blank and couldn't seem to get past Step 1. After filling these up, I finally made it to Step 2.

(3) Read Rule #18 carefully. This got cut off when I printed the rules and I almost missed the step that requires you to submit the ENTRY FORM, AUTHORIZATION FORM, and CONSENT (if applicable) by mail or courier, postmarked no later than April 30, 2011.

Please note that the above tips are for online submission only.

Best of luck!

PS: I don't know if this is mere coincidence, but I kept getting error 16 when trying to upload a JPG file for my authorization letter. I used the PDF version instead. A couple of timeouts later, I was finally able to submit and got my entry number!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip. very helpful! i encountered the jpg error, too. i'm lucky i saw this post of yours. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete