Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Love So Life - Manga Fix For Mommies

"Shiharu is a high school student who loves kids, lives in an orphanage, and works at a daycare... Until the handsome uncle of two-year-old twins offers her a raise if she'll be their babysitter. Often relying on memories of her mother's actions for guidance, Shiharu quickly finds herself falling in love with her new makeshift family." - Love So Life, mangareader.net

Lately I've found myself addicted to this series. While I find the sloooow build up of the potential love story between a high school girl and the famous uncle a bit absurd (I honestly don't know where they're going with this and there are already 27 chapters out), the accurate portrayal of the two-year-old twins is enough to keep me hooked. They can be adorable and loving in one panel and throw full-fledged tantrums the next. They are also almost always in matching clothing or costumes, cranking up the cuteness factor by several notches. Their relationships with Shiharu and their uncle is also interesting. While their uncle always talks to them in an adult manner and ends up with blank-faced expressions (or a whole lot of crying), Shiharu often finds a means of explaining things in a way that is understood by toddlers. Using her memories of her late mother to guide her in certain situations with the twins makes for a heartwarming read.

So if you ever find yourself frustrated with your tot, try going through a few chapters of Love So Life - you'll find yourself laughing and remembering what it is that makes your toddler special, while at the same time, realizing that toddlers all over the world are throwing fits and driving their parents/babysitters nuts too! Who knows? Some of Shiharu's tricks just might work on your willful tot as well ;)

2 comments:

  1. I can't express how much this manga means to me---it's so captivating.I think this is the first manga I've ever been this excited to read--and when the updates are slow, I go back and reread the previous chapters haha...yeah, call me a dork, but this manga can do that to you ;)

    Can't wait for more--especially in the romantic development!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know what you mean - I was reading the series for the 2nd time when I wrote this post ^_^

    ReplyDelete