Saturday, October 30, 2010

First Step: How to Apply for Philippine Postal ID

After quitting my job, I found myself with no other valid ID other than my passport and credit cards, neither of which I'd be willing to leave with a guard whenever I attempt to visit a new location/building.

I figured the easiest ID to obtain would be a Postal ID.  I tried searching online for the steps to get this done so I could prepare any and all requirements beforehand, but all I could find was an obvious "go to the post office". 

For everyone else with the obsessive-compulsive need to be prepared before going into anything, here are the steps to get your Postal ID:

(1) Go to the postal office (make sure it's the postal office handling your current place of residence)

(2) Pick up an application form.  If they only give you 1 copy, be sure to xerox another one.  You need at least 2 for the succeeding steps.

(3) You will need a barangay clearance and community tax certificate (or cedula).  Call your barangay office beforehand to know all necessary requirements (2x2 pictures, postal ID application forms, marriage contract, valid ID, copy of valid ID,etc.) to spare you another trip.  Make sure you have enough money to pay the processing fee and your tax.  I underestimated my tax and had to take a long, long walk to the nearest ATM machine.

(4) Submit the requirements to your barangay office.  They will typically advise you to come back the next day to pick up the accomplished forms.

(5) Submit accomplished forms to postal office and pay the necessary fees. 

(6) Pick up your postal ID.  There is a short wait while they laminate the ID after you sign it. 

(7) Voila!  A valid government ID :)

* You can ask anyone to pick up postal ID application forms, but you have to be present at the barangay office and postal office for all succeeding steps.

4 comments:

  1. Makakuha pa rin po b aq ng Postal ID kahit wala po ako ibang ID n ipapakita? Kailangan ko po kc ng valid ID e:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure po :( Tawag po kayo sa barangay office nyo - sila kasi yung humihingi ng ID.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pwede po ba mag online pag kuha postal i.d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bherly TrembivillaJune 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

    Pwede po ba barangay I.d kpag kumuha ng postal I.d

    ReplyDelete