Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Playhouse Disney Magazine - Still A Fan!

First day of school and my toddler had her biggest battle yet - against a bottle of glue :P It was her first time to handle glue and she didn't count on how sticky it was; particularly on her little fingers! She refused to finish the activity on account of wanting desperately to wash her hands. I dropped by National Bookstore to buy her her own glue to practice at home. I was also hoping to buy the Kumon workbook for pasting. Unfortunately, it was all sold out. Only the Pasting book for 3-4 years old remained. I bought the glue nonetheless and rummaged through old magazines when I got home, intent on cutting out pictures she could paste on a blank sheet of paper. I came upon her back issues of Playhouse Disney and realized that each issue has a cut and paste exercise! I buy these magazines for the tracing, counting, and coloring exercies (and the read aloud stories), so this is a bonus treat for me. My daughter had a blast pasting in pictures of Mickey Mouse, Pooh Bear, and Handy Manny. Each activity differs from the rest so it never gets boring. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the next issue of Playhouse Disney...soon to be Disney Junior!

No comments:

Post a Comment