Sunday, February 5, 2012

Get a Dash of Fun

Dash of Fun is a novelty toy store for "kids and kids at heart." It's branches are located at Eastwood Mall and Greenbelt 5. I didn't think we'd need more toy stores what with Hobbes, Toys R Us, Toy Kingdom, and Rustan's...but this novelty shop proved me wrong! They have an interesting selection of educational toys, a lot of which can't be found anywhere else. One of my recent finds in their shop was a set of magnetic letters.

My 3-year-old daughter enjoys playing with the letters on the fridge and using them to create words. Unfortunately, her current set only had one of each letter. After reading how much damage swallowing a magnet could do, I have not been a big fan of the cheaper plastic letters with the really small magnets at the back that tend to fall off over time. The really expensive magnetic, wooden alphabet sets at Hobbes and Rustans did not work for my pocket either! Dash gave me a solution I could work with - packs of magnetic letters (available in both upper and lower case) with the duplicates of common letters. The front end of each letter is a thick and colorful with a foam-like texture - easy for little hands to handle! The back part is fully covered with a magnet so it's not likely to come loose and even if it does it's not likely to be swallowed. The best part was that each pack of full 26 letters + additional common letters comes to just around ~P500. Half the price of its wooden counterparts! Sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment